Friday, November 6, 2009

A Handmade Yule

Buy Hand for the Holidays Challenge - 2009

I plan on making a fair bit of my gifts this Yule. I like to make gifts that are used. My shelves are quite full of knicknacks, and no one needs more clutter. Things like Gifts-in-a-Jar are great - it's like saying "Have a night off from cooking dinner!" or "Enjoy special hot chocolate while it snows" and such sweet things. I've picked up two recipe books for these, and I have links below as well.

Here's my list so far:
  • Purse for Dear Niece
  • Lemon Hand Scrub for various relatives
  • Cider Jelly for various relatives
  • Basket of homemade jellys for Grandfather (which he loves)
  • Basket of home-dried diced peppers for mother
  • Not sure what else, yet...
Although I do knit and crochet, except for what's already started I'm not sure I'll be able to make more yarny gifts. And, granted, there are only a few people that get those ... I'm more generous with food than knitwear :)

Gift-in-a-Jar links:
Cookies in a Jar
Painted Desert Chili - makes a lot of chili, tastes great, looks almost too pretty to eat. Yes, it got rave reviews as a gift!
Gifts in a Jar Recipes (several sections!)
Gifts in a Jar - LOTS of recipes!

with many thanks to Ravelers who have posted them!

No comments:

Post a Comment