I'm back! Sorry about the long break; I knew I'd be gone a few days over the holiday to visit family but wasn't expecting to get swamped when I got back.
1. Plant something: Nothing recently.
2. Harvest something: Zucchini, yellow crookneck squash, green beans, cucumbers, Tangerine tomatoes, Sungold cherry tomatoes, beets, turnips & swiss chard.
3. Preserved something: Dried green beans, sweet bell peppers, zucchini and squash chips. Canned 24 pints yellow squash. More is waiting to be done, we just need time! We did get 4 more trays of pint jars because we were out.
4. Waste not (preparations): nothing.
5. Want not (manage your stores): Looking for bare spots so we know what we should put up for winter.
6. Build community: Talking with others at the community garden.
7. Eat the food: Yellow squash. Endless snackings of cherry tomatoes and cucumbers. Green beans.
8. Crafting: The 'Cold Shoulders' shawl is pretty much done; I just need to add the button to close it with. I've re-started my Twin Leaf fingerless gloves in a different yarn that is better suited to the pattern.