1. Plant something – nothing yet.
2. Harvest something – Nothing.
3. Preserve something – Dried watermelon chunks, saving rinds. Bought strawberries on sale; made strawberry jam. Dried fresh basil from farmers market.
4. Reduce waste – Regular recycling and eating of leftovers.
5. Preparation and Storage – nothing.
6. Build Community Food Systems – Farmers market.
7. Eat the Food – Steamed squash for dinner, sliced cucumbers are now a staple snack. Watermelon. Lots of sliced tomatoes. Ate some of the stew I had canned - delicious! Note to self, 1 qt stew feeds two people.
8. Crafting – Crocheting socks. Lots of crochet. Starting to work through sewing pile. Doing bit-at-a-time restorations of the treadle base the Sphinx is in.