1. Plant something – nothing; too hot.
2. Harvest something – Nothing.
3. Preserve something – Dried watermelon chunks, saving rinds. Drying red peppers for gift.
4. Reduce waste – Regular recycling and eating of leftovers.
5. Preparation and Storage – re-organized pantry for better use of space.
6. Build Community Food Systems – Farmers market. Convinced an acquaintance that I can't do food storage for her, but will help her learn. I think I've got her half-talked into a dehydrator.
7. Eat the Food – Steamed squash for dinner, sliced cucumbers are now a staple snack. Watermelon. Lots of sliced tomatoes.
8. Crafting – Crocheting socks.