IndepenDANCE because yes, it is a dance, with the seasons, nature, and the people around you.
1. Plant something – Brussels Sprouts transplants, Radish, Beets, lettuce.
2. Harvest something – Nothing.
3. Preserve something – Basil, green peppers, both dried. Pumpkin in freezer.
4. Reduce waste – Regular recycling and eating of leftovers.
5. Preparation and Storage – Found taper candles, 98c. for 15. Yay!
6. Build Community Food Systems – Farmers market.
7. Eat the Food – Tomatoes. Dried potatoes added to stew (Yum!). cooked and mashed sugar pumpkins, with DD's help, for pie, muffins, and freezer.
8. Crafting – Crocheting (storage baskets, this time). Spinning. Sewing. Weaving practice. Basic, but still fun!