Monday, September 28, 2009

Independance Day Update

1. Plant something – nothing.

2. Harvest something – Nothing ready yet.

3. Preserve something – Dried basil and hashbrowns. Canned mushroom-venison stew. (aka Hobbit stew?)

4. Reduce waste – Regular recycling and eating of leftovers. Trying to have more planned-overs than left-overs.

5. Preparation and Storage – Went over pantry storage again- I'm determined to be able to fit more groceries in here!

6. Build Community Food Systems – Farmers market. Picked up items for one co-worker. Tempted all of them with samples of the breads sold there.

7. Eat the Food – Tried a new type of squash.

8. Crafting – Finished the Twisted Scarf. Storage baskets are the slow project.

I blinked and the week was gone. I thought we did more than this....

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you've been productive! :) I'd love to see some photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll start adding pictures of what I've done, then. Hobbit stew coming up... :)

    ReplyDelete