I got a lot done this weekend. Hallow'een is put up, the candy is gone, and the house is dressed for fall. Warm clothes and blankets are out, and water stays ready for tea. We've turned the heat on, barely, with temps outside getting down to the 30's but not much over 50 - the house won't stay warm enough without the heat on.
1. Plant something: sigh...
2. Harvest something: ... still nothing. It may be too late for outdoor planting until spring.
3. Preserved something: More tomatoes! Pumpkins are lining up for their turn.
4. Waste not: Lots of leftovers this week. The fridge & freezer were bursting...
5. Want not: More repairs to items we have. Winter clothes and extra blankets came home from the off-site storage. I did a massive-for-me clean Saturday and the house feels & looks much better. Some piles seemed to disappear on their own while I did this, which is a nice bonus. I'm working on the remaining, much smaller piles.
6. Build community: nothing. It seems like everyone nested this week.
7. Eat the food: Chevon slow-cooked in homemade Barbeque sauce; mashed potatoes, turnip greens with bacon. Apple muffins with last fall's canned apples. Breakfast tortillas with local eggs & yellow tomatoes.
8. Crafting: Mittens for my love. Just that one project because he needs them!