The weather is finally turning cold, and the sun sets while I'm a work. Winter is cozening up to us.
1. Plant something: nothing
2. Harvest something: a bit of chard
3. Preserved something: dried chard, kale, turnip greens
4. Waste not: saved veggie trimmings for broth - I've actually never done that before. Checked the freezer, ate saved leftovers. Use frozen bananas to make muffins for breakfast.
5. Want not: Small bag of donations in the car for the thrift store.
6. Build community: did some research for one of my farmers. Found another farmer who has free-range chicken and pork, and will be raising lamb - and might be selling fiber!
7. Eat the food: Roast chicken, cooked kale, root stew, tomato-and-lettuce sandwich, apple muffins, yumminess.
8. Crafting: Making convertible mitten-gloves for DFH.