It's been a very quiet week. I've been enjoying the rest, and getting ready for Yule.
1. Plant something: nothing
2. Harvest something: nothing
3. Preserved something: Dried lots of kale and turnip greens.
4. Waste not: I failed here; threw out a lot of food that got lost in the fridge.
5. Want not: Went shopping. Realized I didn't want or need anything there. Left.
6. Build community: Spent a day with one of My Farmers, who has become a Friend as well. I learned I really do like the sounds the hens make - they almost seemed to be purring (hensong!) All the items purchased that day were locally produced - mohair for spinning, handmade soap for DD, a beeswax candle, hand-blown beads to make mother's gift.
7. Eat the food: Sampled Bourbon Red turkey yumminess. Brussells Sprouts with Sausage. Kale and sausage soup. Ended up not cooking a big Thanksgiving dinner... for all two of us.
8. Crafting: Working on niece's afghan. Spinning.