1. Plant something – nothing yet.
2. Harvest something – nothing. Need to either eat the lettuce or start a new crop - still there, still short, hasn't bolted yet.
3. Preserve something – Still working on a full stock of green peppers. Froze venison broth to use later. Need to learn what else I can dry, as dried foods take up so much less space.
4. Reduce waste – Regular recycling. Better meal planning.
5. Preparation and Storage – re-planning what we're canning/drying for winter. The more I learn, the less I want to eat non-organic food (I really don't want to eat anything that's been genetically modified, thanks anyway..) Finding a place to store it all is another matter!
6. Build Community Food Systems – Visited newest farmers market, bought veggies.
7. Eat the Food – Steamed squash for dinner. Ate venison from the freezer.
8. Crafting – Cross-stitch, snippets of sewing.