Sunday, January 2, 2011

Independance Days - January 2, 2011

Happy New Year, everyone!

Plant/Harvest/Preserve something: Nothing.

Waste not: Lots of leftovers for lunch & dinner.

Want not: The home is insulated as best we can. I've started a new budget, using a new spreadsheet. So far, so good!

Build community: Still not much, still hibernating.

Eat the food: I made a menu for the month, and bought groceries based off that. Hopefully that means I won't be making frequent stops at the grocer this month. We're also learning to cook with dried beans rather than store-canned.

Crafting: I've been sewing. The repair pile has been taken care of, and the car pillows I'm making are about half done. Those are for long trips in the car, made of scraps (an old pillow cut in half, remnants of cotton 'decor' fabric). Sturdy enough for the abuse they'll get, and easy to clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment