Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Independance Day Challenge - 29 Dec. 2010

I've shortened this list a bit, to reflect that it's winter and there is no food coming in right now. We got a rare, good snow (east coast blizzard) and we're enjoying the effects - the way it changes the play of the light and the colors of everything around.

Want not: I bought a snow shovel, and cleared the front steps Monday. We didn't need to run to the store for anything before the snow hit. Yay!

Waste not: We've eaten lots of leftovers, and I'm made meals from whatever is to hand.

Build community: I'm playing hermit, staying home.

Eat the food:
I made a delicious toss-together soup with roots, barley, lentils, and dried greens cooked in elk broth and 'tomato drippings' (from canning) that I had frozen. Homemade pumpkin pie with homemade whole wheat crust. Lots of leftovers.

Crafting: I've done a bit of sewing. All yarny crafts (knit, crochet, spin) are on break till the first of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment