Monday, May 17, 2010

Independance Day 17 May 2010

1. Plant something: Rosemary seedling from the farmer's market.

2. Harvest something: nothing big enough. The chard is growing decently, so I'm happy there.

3. Preserved something: Nothing.

4. Waste not: leftovers. Also, cleaning/re-organizing areas for ease of use and reducing what we keep. The knife drawer shrank by 2/3, my shoes by half, and I've just started.

6. Build community: went to farmers market, first one for the season. Reminded co-workers about it. Hugged my farmers =) Brought DFH this time, too, since he had the day off.

7. Eat the food: Salads, homemade cake & frosting, mashed potatoes and gravy, fresh strawberries in everything - Yum!

Re-organized the pantry and cleaned the fridge. Being less boxed in about meals, to better use food. And, admittedly, to make it less work for me to cook so much from scratch!

8. Crafting: Working on my mossy shawl. Went through the sewing-project basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment