Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Independance Day Challenge - 6 July 2010

Another heat wave, with a few days of high 80's in between. I'm keeping cool as best I can, not doing much in the heat of the day.

1. Plant something: Repotted the oregano and aloe.

2. Harvest something: The first snippets of herbs...

3. Preserved something: ... dried for winter.

4. Waste not: recycling, leftovers,

5. Want not: nothing here.

6. Build community: went to farmers market.

7. Eat the food: We've not done so well this week; one melon lost uneaten, the other needs snacking in the fridge. All the squash is still in the fridge needing eaten (tonight?).

8. Crafting: I think the afghan is done - I'll know when I find the remaining squares (I finished them and put them "aside." I wonder where that is?). Making progress on the leaf-heart squares. I also made crochet stitch markers with copper wire and shell pieces from the beading section at the craft store. So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment