Sunday, June 28, 2009

Independance Day Update


1. Plant something – nothing

2. Harvest something – Lettuce for my sandwiches.

3. Preserve something – Drying green bell peppers from the farm market. I'll keep doing this, and dry a few quart bottles worth for the winter. Also dried yellow sweet bells from the supermarket, as there was a really good sale and I like these in my chili recipe.

4. Reduce waste – Regular saved fabric scraps & recycled.

5. Preparation and Storage – Bought a nice oil lamp for the kitchen table, to use as needed for non-electric light. Still learning how to use it.

6. Build Community Food Systems – Visited newest farmers market, bought flowers, meat, & veggies.

7. Eat the Food – Roasted fresh beets, lettuce, and we're trying a new recipe for Monday's dinner - slow-cooker cabbage rolls. ETA: the cabbage rolls are delicious, and are added to my recipe box.

8. Crafting – Sewed lunch bag, used cotton fabric & batting. Did a bit of work on the shorts I'm making, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment